The mission of Holmes County Emergency Management is to plan and coordinate actions to prepare, respond, mitigate, and recover from natural or man-made disasters.
The National Preparedness Goal identifies mission areas within which we must build and sustain capabilities. Utilizing a whole community approach, emergency management supports and executes the following mission areas:
· Prevention: The capabilities necessary to avoid, prevent, or stop a threatened or actual act of terrorism. As defined by PPD-8, the term “prevention” refers to preventing imminent threats.
· Protection: The capabilities necessary to secure the homeland against acts of terrorism and human-caused or natural disasters.
· Mitigation: The capabilities necessary to reduce loss of life and property by lessening the impact of disasters.
· Response: The capabilities necessary to save lives, protect property and the environment, and meet basic human needs after an incident has occurred.
· Recovery: The capabilities necessary to assist communities affected by an incident to recover effectively